Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tagging, Literally, and its Powerful Message

During the course of an inspiring evening last night at Dal's with Gifford, Christopher, and Melissa, I had the opportunity to tell Christopher how powerful the tagging exercise last Intensive had been for me. I think my experience mirrored that of many people's: the tags others made for me were much more moving than those I had made for myself. In fact I had gathered those tags and grouped them onto some red paper and posted them above my desk, where they speak to me: this is how I am seen. I think the tags are more meaningful because they come from a community that I have been deeply part of for a year now, and their consistency reflects that. Looking at the tags, I feel known. I also feel that there is a clear thread running between my internal and external self, a transparency that I like.

It means a lot to me to feel part of a community that "sees" me. I think so much of what we yearn for as human beings is simply to BE seen, to be heard. And to be loved.

I appreciate the love that runs through this community, and I am keenly grateful to be part of it.



2 comments:

  1. Great photo Bonnie. I didn't think of tags as if they are ways to track decriptions of who we are. So I think of myself as a responsible capitalist and by searching that tag learn more and more continuously about what is happening in that space

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I, too, was moved by how people saw me. They really resonated with me and inspired me to continue to live up to those tags. It seems that all of those tags fit you beautifully. I love how BGIers can really see into the beauty of each others' souls. Reason #4,575 that I love BGI!

    ReplyDelete