I want to tie in my beat topic with the Resident Expert research I am already doing for Marketing.
My research focuses on reusable (and recycled-content/ recyclable) corrugated plastic boxes as an alternative to cardboard in closed loop distribution. The plastic bag issue is likely to see some work where it relates to poly bags used in product protection/shipping.
I am attending PACK EXPO in Las Vegas Oct 5-7 and expect to reap very interesting information on these two areas. Poly bags are an environmental and disposal-cost scourge for product-based companies, and I want to explore the potential financial and environmental savings of choosing reusable boxes over cardboard for transporting goods.
Building a blog specific to this topic would be an excellent way to share good information about the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives to the status quo for secondary packaging (single-use cardboard and poly bags) and could ultimately help build a platform for the business I hope to help launch out of the Entrepreneurship project: RRRepeat. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RRRepeat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment